1. Just thinking about ISO 9001
We are new to this – why do we need ISO 9001?
The very first step on the path is to determine why you need ISO 9001.
Here are some reasons why other businesses have decided to pursue ISO 9001 certification:
- Our major customers want us to be certified, because our product affects the quality of their product.
- Being ISO 9001 certified is a pre-condition of a large government tender.
- We want to be ready for growth and have our key business processes documented.
- We need a quality system to capture defects and take corrective action.
- We aim to sell this business soon and think being accredited to ISO 9001 will add “value” to the business.
- It will be easier to train new employees if we have our core processes documented.